Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Black. White.

I was at the Shabbos table and had a very interesting conversation. There was a BT there (Baal Teshuva not BlueTooth) that use to be a huge liberal secular Jew. She use to protest for more black freedom etc..

When I brought up the show Black. White. that will be on FX network about two families trading races, she said a very serious and controversial comment. She said that we should reinstate black slavery.

This coming from a very well respected woman grabbed my attention..

Therefore, I have set up an interview discussing this very subject sometime this week or next week. Please comment with any questions you have for her.. and I will ask..

The full interview will be posted here.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're wondering why there're no comments here; I think we're all speechless.

2/22/2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger Suma said...

But I think we could remain quiet or actually learn her side.. why did she convert her beliefs of African Americans..

Are you voting down the interview? If no one finds it interesting then I won't post it..

2/22/2006 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point re: hearing her out.
She has every right to her opinion.

I just kinda think that I'm predisposed to think she's wrong. I could be wrong... I just feel like that's got RACIST written all over it.
Moreover; the same way we should respect her opinion; she should respect the rights of others.

2/22/2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger Suma said...

Valid and clear point..

Let's just wait and hear what she has to say.. I've gotta go in with an open mind.. any questions you want me to ask her?

2/22/2006 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few come to mind, but how about "Why does she think the abolitionists succeeded in the first place?" or maybe better put "Why did pro-slavery advocaters fail?"

2/23/2006 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WROTE "ADVOCATES!"

... or I guess I didn't, but thats what I meant.

2/23/2006 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask her.... Fine. Let's say that they should be slaves.... but what does she have to say about Jewish converts that are black... should they also be slaves???????!

2/23/2006 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would find someone more interesting to talk to, like myself!

3/14/2006 7:22 AM  
Blogger Suma said...

annon. why would I want to interview you..

btw. the woman back out for now.. she didn't know what everyone can see what is posted on the internet.. some confusion there..

3/14/2006 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home